From the old blog, November 2010. Edited in spots.
Things I am thankful for, besides freedom, home, family, good health and those other bedrock things:
* Ballparks, any size.
* The continued availability of 35mm film.
* Cashew nuts.
* Music. All of it. Even country.
* The Internet.
* Rational discussions.
* Rye whiskey.
* The fact that America tried Prohibition and got it out of the way decades before I was born, making it much less likely someone will try that silliness on my watch.
* All those bloggers who write better than I do. Even if they remind me of my limitations, they also entertain me, and inspire me to keep at it.
* However many readers I have on any given day.
* Continued employment.
* The Great Lakes.
* D.B. Cooper.
* The Fourth of July.
* A nice fat hamburger every once in a while.
* Old-growth trees.
* Public parks.
* Peace and quiet.