My maternal grandpa was a well-meaning but mediocre photographer, skilled at bringing the shutter down a moment too early or late, or in taking pictures of things that were not as quirky or offbeat (or well-lit) as he thought.
I’m going to dredge some of his efforts out of the family scrapbooks where they sit unappreciated, and bring them out for contemplation.
Another installment, then.
Top 10 Things the Dude (At Least, I Think He Is) in the Long Blue Coat and Corsage Is Telling the Other Dudes (At Least, I Think They’re Dudes) Gathered Eagerly Around Him At What Appears to Be a Rehearsal Dinner, in Fairfield County, Connecticut, in 1971:
1. “If you play Tapestry backwards, she totally says, ‘I’m in heat for the love of Satan.’ “
2. “Put your hands together just so, hold them up to the light, and — voila! Shadow bunnies!”
3. “If we want to tunnel out of here, there’s no time to waste. You, in the red T-shirt, get busy on the pommel horse. The rest of you, come with me.”
4. “And I said, ‘We’re called The Aristocrats.’ “
5. “So then this chick who looks just like Susan Dey walks up to me and says, ‘You know this party is clothing-optional, don’t you?’ “
6. “Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.”
7. “We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.”
8. “Whose blouse should I slip this frog down?”
9. “I know you guys all well enough that I can make a confession: I really, really dig Donny Osmond.”
10. “Gee, your hair smells terrific.”
5 thoughts on “Mundane Moments: Young men of the wedding.”
That’s a lot of big hair! Like I can talk.
Yeah, I love the hair in this pic. As you might imagine.
Yeah, I was thinking it reminded me of your rock god hair days.
That just came up at work this past week — a few of my newer cohorts did not know I once had long hair.
Maybe I will show them a picture or two; it will amuse them.
Please show the PHS I.D. and the last picture before the big chop. Two of the best pictures ever.