Part of an ongoing effort to dredge my grandfathers’ photos out of the family scrapbooks where they sit unappreciated, and bring them out for contemplation.
Another installment, then:
Top 10 Things My Brother Might Have Seen In December 1973
That Would Have Had Him Spellbound
But Were Apparently Invisible To The Rest Of The Family
2. Secretariat cantering across the front lawn.
3. The Tardis.
4. The inexplicable but fast-approaching popularity of “Seasons In The Sun.”
5. The endless psychedelic wonderland of lights caused by the silver-foil Christmas tree reflecting in the big front window.
6. Danny Glick, asking to be let in.
7. Up With People.
8. A time traveler with an iPhone, blithely looking up the address of the nearest Thai takeaway.
9. The Black Winterqueen.
10. The sum of all human toil.