If I had the necessary software to make mashups, I might never leave the basement.
(This assumes that Real-Life Me ever actually does leave the basement, which most of you do not know for a fact. Well, OK, my man Jim Bartlett recently discovered that I will put on pants and leave the house for a good cause.)
I’m busy, and rather amused, tonight making mental mashups from the following list: Noteworthy albums that happen to share a release date.
(All dates sourced from Wikipedia, so they could be complete nonsense.)
See if you can imagine what some of these would sound like for yourself if cut-and-pasted together.
– Cosmo’s Factory, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Free Your Mind … And Your Ass Will Follow, Funkadelic (July 25, 1970)
– Church of Anthrax, John Cale and Terry Riley, and Tapestry, Carole King (February 10, 1971)
– Live-Evil, Miles Davis, and A Nod Is As Good As A Wink … To A Blind Horse, Faces (November 17, 1971)
– Approximately Infinite Universe, Yoko Ono, and Holland, the Beach Boys (January 8, 1973)
– Head Hunters, Herbie Hancock, and Quadrophenia, the Who (October 26, 1973)
– I Got A Name, Jim Croce, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Black Sabbath (December 1, 1973)
– High Voltage, AC/DC, and Rastaman Vibration, Bob Marley and the Wailers (April 30, 1976)
– Blue Moves, Elton John, and Night Moves, Bob Seger (October 22, 1976)
– Ahh … The Name is Bootsy, Baby!, Bootsy’s Rubber Band, and Low, David Bowie (January 14, 1977)
– Damn The Torpedoes, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and One Step Beyond…, Madness (October 19, 1979)
– Live! Coast to Coast, Teddy Pendergrass, and Metal Box, Public Image Ltd. (November 23, 1979)
– Nightclubbing, Grace Jones, and Shut Up N’ Play Yer Guitar, Frank Zappa (May 11, 1981)